Strawberry Peach Hand Pies Recipe are fresh, tasty and easy to serve as party food!
I will have to admit, I am a little obsessed with peach season! Which is a little strange because you will almost never find me eating a peach straight like you would almost any other fruit. I love baking with peaches though. They are juicy, fragrant and have just the right amount of sweet and tangy. At least that’s how I think of them. It’s hard to say anything other than peaches taste like peaches, don’t you think?
Strawberries add a little extra sweetness to the peaches which works so well in these Strawberry Peach Hand Pies with the amount of pie crust that comes with a hand pie. You want the filling to burst with flavor and a good touch of sweet.
These Strawberry Peach Hand Pies work well for both summer and fall. I made a batch for Bryan’s work a couple weeks ago and they were immediately gone. So fast actually that Bryan regretted not sneaking one away in his office before sharing. I guess that means I need to make another batch soon!
- 2 boxes 14.1 oz each refrigerated pie crust
- 1 large peach peeled and chopped
- 3/4 c strawberries chopped
- ½ c granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- juice of ½ a lemon
- a few drops of almond extract
- Place the diced peaches and strawberries in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with sugar and gently stir to combine. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside while you prep the pie crust.
- Remove the pie crusts from the refrigerator and allow it to rest 10-15 minutes.
- Lightly flour a clean work surface. Cut out as many 4" rounds as you can.
- Place the 4-inch rounds of dough on a large piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Go back to the peaches and strawberries. Add the cornstarch, cinnamon, lemon juice, and almond extract. Stir gently together.
- Beat one egg in a small bowl. Brush the egg mixture all over the pastry rounds. Place around 1 tablespoon of filling in the center of each pastry, leaving as much of the juice behind as possible.
- Pull up the dough to make the hand pie look like a taco and seal the edges. You can do this by pinching the top and bottom together and/or using a fork to gently press together.
- Cut a few small slits in the top to vent.
- Brush the tops of the hand pies with a little bit of the beaten egg.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake or 30 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer hand pies to a wire rack to cool. Then enjoy!
If you love cooking with peaches as much as I do, you might also enjoy my other peach recipes!