After being away from home for a week and eating out so much, I was excited to get home and have some home-cooked meals. I didn’t want to go grocery shopping though. No thank you! So I started digging around in the cabinets and fridge to see what we had on hand, and I came up with this recipe. I’ve had a Parmesan Ranch chicken before in a restaurant, but I wanted to try to add a little bit more flavor to the dish with other cheeses (plus, I am a cheese addict). I also wasn’t sure what else I wanted for a crust but realized I had a sleeve of crackers left over from something else, so that seemed perfect to use. This Three Cheese Ranch Chicken came out better than I could have ever imagined!
Bryan is normally happy with what I make for dinner, but he kept saying over and over again how good this was. That means this recipe has immediately become a fam fave.
I feel like the ranch flavor in recipes can easily get lost, so I wanted to make sure that didn’t happen with this recipe. Therefore, you will see that I used both a dry ranch mix in the crust mixture and ranch salad dressing as the wet coating for the crust. You obviously don’t need to do both, but I think it had the perfect ranch flavor!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 sleeve of crackers (I used a sleeve of Town House.)
- ½ cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ cup grated or shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup cheddar cheese or another cheese of choice
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- Pepper to taste
- Dry Ranch Dressing/Seasoning Packet
- 2 Tbsp Ranch Dressing
- Crumble your crackers into a fine mixture. After hand crumbling in a Ziploc bag, I took my rolling pin to the cracker bag to finish. The finer the crackers, the more likely they will stick to the chicken.
- Add the cheese, seasonings and dry ranch packet to the crackers. Keep in bag if you want to toss your chicken or move to a bowl/pan if you want to coat chicken that way.
- Clean your chicken and then coat in a thin layer of ranch dressing.
- Coat your chicken with the cracker and cheese mixture.
- Place chicken in a 9x12 baking dish. I used a glass Pyrex.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for around 20 minutes. Always check that your chicken is completely cooked as cooking time can vary based on the size and thickness of the chicken.
I am already planning on making this again soon! It was the perfect “comfort” meal for our first night home.