I have come to a realization; I am a really lazy cooker. Every now and then, I love to go all out with something complicated that requires every bowl in the kitchen. But, on a normal day, I like easy meals, which is why I love these Brown Sugar Pork Chops. After a few quick steps, you’re eating a fabulous pork dinner. Plus, there’s only 5 ingredients! Remember how I said I was lazy?
Pork chops can be tricky because they are so easy to overcook. This is why I always start by searing the pork chops on a hot stovetop pan before finishing in the oven. By transferring to the oven, it allows the pork chop to cook longer without the outside getting tough.
2 pork chops (I used boneless)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon Chili Powder
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together the brown sugar, chili powder, and garlic powder in a bowl.
3. Rub the mixture onto both sides of the pork chop, coating it really well.
4. Heat a stovetop pan and then sear both sides of the pork chop for 2-3 minutes.
5. Carefully transfer to a shallow oven safe pan. Add a little garlic on top of the pork chop and put into the oven. Let them roast in the oven until the internal temperature registers at 140-145 degrees. My meat thermometer is one of my most used kitchen tools! Time will depend on how thick the pork chop is, but this usually takes about 20 minutes for me.
6. Remove from oven and let cool for a couple minutes before serving.
7. Enjoy your brown sugar pork chops!
While I didn’t think about this at the time, this would be amazing with warmed Apple Butter topping and Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Sweet Mashed Potatoes! These Brown Sugar Pork Chops just got added into the rotation again for next week so we can have this variation.
If you like this recipe, you may enjoy these other Easy Dinner Ideas!