Delicious Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies that make the perfect holiday cookie for Thanksgiving sweets or Christmas dessert! Soft, chewy and full of flavor – everyone will love these cranberry cookies!
CRANBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES ARE FABULOUS FALL COOKIES PERFECT FOR THANKSGIVING OR CHRISTMAS!
I told my sister I was looking to expand the cookie collection on the blog for the holiday, and she said she had just the cookie to share – Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies! Boy was she right! These are soft, delicious and full of flavors perfect for Thanksgiving cookies and Christmas cookies – oatmeal, cinnamon, pecans and, of course, cranberries!
Growing up, the only cranberries we ever had in the house was a can of jellied cranberry for Thanksgiving. It wasn’t until much later in life that I ever tasted a fresh cranberry and now I love baking with them. Side note: If you are looking for a fresh cranberry sauce recipe, you should definitely make this one from my good friend Rebecca at Sugar & Soul – Bourbon Orange Cranberry Sauce! It’s amazing!
Now, you will usually always find a bag of fresh cranberries in my fridge or freezer! Here’s why…
YOU MIGHT LOVE THESE FRESH CRANBERRY RECIPES:
- ORANGE CRANBERRY SCONES
- CRANBERRY JALAPENO CREAM CHEESE DIP
- CITRUS CRANBERRY HOLIDAY SANGRIA
- WHITE CRANBERRY MARGARITAS <— one of my all time FAVE cocktails!
- CRANBERRY ORANGE GOAT CHEESE LOG
- CRANBERRY ORANGE LEMONADE MOSCOW MULE
As you can tell from above, we really do love cranberries! With being pregnant this year, I’ll be missing those White Cranberry Margaritas the most this holiday season. They are so pretty and delicious!
Now, back to these cookies! This is the perfect way to bring cranberries to the menu for even families who aren’t big cranberry eaters, and you can always use dried cranberries instead if it’s easier for you! The oatmeal and sugars do a great job of balancing the tang of cranberries into a sweet, flavorful fall cookie!
ITEMS TO HELP BAKE THESE COOKIES:
LET’S BAKE TASTY CRANBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups uncooked oats
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, optional
- Add butter and sugars to a large bowl and beat until creamy.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add flour mixture to batter in large bowl and mix well.
- Stir in oatmeal.
- Gently stir in cranberries, pecan and optional white chocolate chips.
- Scoop out onto cookie sheet into balls with around 1-1.5 tablespoons of dough. I just scooped and dropped with my cookie scoop.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until they start to brown on edges.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.