Cranberries deserve to be a star this holiday season, and this Orange Cranberry Goat Cheese Log is definitely a crowd pleaser. The goat cheese offers a perfect base for the sweet orange and tart cranberries, making it both a delicious and easy holiday appetizer recipe!
Cranberry Orange Walnut Goat Cheese Log is a gorgeous holiday appetizer your guests will love!
Oh how I love goat cheese! Seriously – it’s smooth, tanginess makes it such a versatile cheese, which is why I find myself making goat cheese recipes quite often. It is delicious to eat all by itself but it also works well as an ingredient with main dishes, appetizers, and even desserts! I’ve been especially loving goat cheese log recipes this holiday season because there are so many ways to change it up while remaining a pretty and simple holiday appetizer, like this Cranberry Orange Walnut Goat Cheese Log!
The Cranberry Orange Walnut Goat Cheese Log is a great combination of sweet and tart from the fruit along with the creamy goat cheese. Add in chopped walnuts for a rich nutty flavor and extra crunch! It’s definitely full of flavor and gorgeous color, making it perfect for your holiday get togethers.
If you follow along here on The Love Nerds, you’ll know I love cranberry and orange flavors together. You’ll see this combo in my Orange Cranberry Scones as well as my Red Christmas Sangria that’s popular this time of year. They just pair nicely together for winter recipes!
HOW TO MAKE YOUR ORANGE CRANBERRY GOAT CHEESE LOG:
Goat cheese logs really are so simple to make. They essentially require you to chop up all the ingredients by hand or using a food processor; for this citrus version, you will also need to do a little zesting of the orange! Then, you roll the goat cheese log through the ingredients, and serve!
See? I’m not kidding when I say it’s the easiest holiday recipe. So let’s get to it!
First, add fresh cranberries and walnuts to the food processor and chop finely.
Second, zest your orange. I use my standing block grater on a cutting board because I find it to be the easiest way for me to personally zest and have that zest added to a nice pile. Stir the zest into the cranberries and walnuts until well combined.
Lastly, cover your goat cheese log with the ingredients in one of two ways:
- Put the mix on a plate and use a combination of rolling the log in the mix and patting the mix onto the log.
- Place the ingredients and the goat cheese log onto a piece of cling wrap. Loosely cover the log with ingredients, gently rolling the log to make everything stick well. If needed, pull the cling wrap up around the log to finish coating with ingredients and patting them to stick well.
Done! I like to refrigerate for at least 15 minutes again before serving, but you don’t need to!
Not interested in a cranberry orange goat cheese log? My Lemon and Herb Goat Cheese Log is great all year long!
HELPFUL KITCHEN ITEMS FOR MAKING THIS EASY APPETIZER RECIPE:
- Food Processor
- Mini Slate Cheese Boards with Chalk
- Large Slate Cheese Board with Chalk and Cheese Knives
- Bamboo Cheese Board with Cheese Knives, Small Dishes and Markers
What I especially love about this recipe is the cranberries! In our house growing up, cranberries only ever appeared one day a year in the form of cranberry sauce from a can. Now don’t get me wrong, I still eat it every year, but I just feel like cranberries should get a little more attention during the holidays.
Plus not everyone loves any form of cranberry sauce so I love finding different cranberry recipes to add to the holiday menu, like cocktails, appetizers and more!
Looking for other ways to use goat cheese? It pairs well with chicken for dinner recipes, like this stuffed Apple Spinach Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken, and it is the star ingredient to my all time favorite appetizer – Baked Goat Cheese Marinara Dip. These Berry Goat Cheese Crostinis are probably my prettiest appetizer that we love making on New Year’s Eve!
YOU MIGHT ENJOY THESE OTHER CRANBERRY APPETIZERS:
- Cranberry Jalapeno Dip
- Cranberry Meatballs
- Cranberry Apple Pecan Baked Brie
- Creamy Cranberry Pancetta Bites
Time to Mix Up this Cranberry Goat Cheese Log with Orange Zest and Walnuts!
Cranberry Orange Goat Cheese Log with Walnuts
Cranberry Orange Goat Cheese Log with walnuts is a gorgeous and easy holiday appetizer recipe! Plus, it makes a tasty cold appetizer to bring to a potluck!
- 10 ounce Goat Cheese Log
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 orange zested
- 3 tablespoons walnuts (chopped)
- Prep your ingredients by dicing cranberries in food processor and zesting one orange.
- Mix together the diced cranberries, orange zest, and walnuts.
- Use the mix to coat the goat cheese log. Cover the log one of two ways:
- 1, put mix on a plate and use a combination of rolling the log in the mix and patting the mix onto the log
- OR 2, loosely covering the log with ingredients, wrap in cling wrap and gently roll the log to make everything stick well.
- Serve with bread or crackers! Enjoy!
JOIN OUR EMAIL COMMUNITY!
Join our Awesome Nerd Community for new content updates as well as our FLASH FREEBIES!
When you confirm your subscription, you will be taken to a confirmation page with a link to all the current flash freebies to download! Already subscribed but missed the flash freebie email? Simply confirm your subscription again for download access!
Leave a Reply