Add a mushroom side dish to your Thanksgiving and Christmas table this year! These easy Creamy Garlic Mushrooms are rich, flavorful and require only one pan, making it a perfect holiday side dish.
Delicious Garlic Mushrooms are an Easy Side Dish Recipe Ready in Under 15 Minutes!
Want to know a little secret about me? I used to hate mushrooms.
We never had them growing up because my mom didn’t like them, and, as a kid, the texture just weirded me out.
My husband and his family are big mushroom fans though, and I realized pretty early on that I would need to at least give mushroom recipes a chance.
Here we are over 10 years later, and I love them!
I usually just saute them a little with oil or wine when we have steak or I make stuffed mushrooms, but I thought it was time to broaden my cooking horizons and make a new mushroom side dish recipe for us to enjoy.
My kitchen experimentation resulted in these Creamy Garlic Mushrooms, and I love them!
Like most people probably, we tend to have the same side dishes in rotation for our meal planning, and it gets a little boring – steamed veggies in the microwave, mashed potatoes, rice, etc.
The faster the better usually between our work and parenting schedules! However, that’s boring!
And convenience items are not the only way to get quick side dishes! These creamy mushrooms only take about 10 minutes to make!
So I’ve taken it upon myself to add new side dishes into our rotation that adds a bit more flavor and fun to our dinners, and that also test both my husband and I to try new things the other likes.
For example, for me I’ve been making more salads, like a shredded Brussels sprouts salad and oven roasted Brussels sprouts (I really like Brussels sprouts!). For my husband, I made these Creamy Garlic Mushrooms!
Repeated side dishes is also how it goes for extended family’s holidays and dinners! The same thing every time.
My sister and I were just talking the other day about adding in a new Thanksgiving side dish but, of course, then comes the question about what side dish to remove and the inevitable family debate that would ensue.
The love of corn goes very deep for some of my family, including my husband. With picky eaters, it can get tricky.
So no, these Creamy Garlic Mushrooms won’t be making the Thanksgiving table this year even though we personally love them, but hopefully your family has mushroom lovers like us!
If not, make them for dinner while some chicken or pork bakes in the oven. It really is an easy side dish for two or a small family.
You Might Also Like These Other Side Dish Recipes Perfect for the Holidays:
- CREAMY GARLIC MUSHROOMS
- SWEET POTATO MASHED
- CREAMY ROSEMARY THYME POTATO AU GRATIN
- ROASTED BROWN SUGAR CARROTS
- GARLIC PARMESAN ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- CRANBERRY PEAR SPINACH RICE PILAF
- BRUSSELS SPROUTS SALAD WITH CRANBERRIES AND APPLES
Time to Enjoy a New Creamy Garlic Mushroom Side Dish!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms (bella or white)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced, (or 1 tablespoon minced)
- 2 ounces cream cheese, (roughly 1/4 of a cream cheese brick)
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon parsley (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon parmesan, (optional)
- Heat pan with oil, then add mushrooms and garlic. Cook on medium heat for around 5 minutes, until the mushrooms are tender and release a little liquid.
- Reduce heat and add cream cheese. If mushrooms did not release much liquid and the cream cheese is too thick, add in a little of the vegetable broth at a time and stir thoroughly.
NOTE: Do NOT cook on high heat after adding the cream cheese as it can cause it to separate.
- Add parsley, salt, pepper and parmesan if desired to mushrooms. Season to taste! Continue cooking on low to medium heat for about 5 minutes more or until sauce is at your preferred thickness. For thinner, add a little more broth. For thicker, cook down the sauce longer.
- Serve immediately or place in an oven safe dish to be placed in oven to stay warm or reheat later. Garnish with fresh parsley and parmesan (optional).
HOW LONG SHOULD I HEAT THEM FOR IN THE OVEN LATER?
We reheated our mushrooms later at 400F for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 58 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 127mg Carbohydrates: 3g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g