When I think about holiday appetizer recipes, cranberries is always the first thing to come to mind for Thanksgiving and Christmas which makes this Cranberry Jalapeno Dip one of my go-to recipes! It’s sweet, tangy and festive with gorgeous red and green colors. Plus, it is easy to travel and assemble later for potluck holiday parties!
Cranberry Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip Makes an Easy Holiday Appetizer!
I will probably end up making a batch of this cranberry cream cheese dip a few times this holiday season. The first being today for a fun Sunday football appetizer since I had some extra cranberries in the fridge. Bryan loves this cold dip and so do I. Though to be honest, I’m also a cream cheese addict.
We always have a few holiday parties every year that ask for us to bring an appetizer as well as a Friendsmas celebration which is why I end up making it a couple times. I can prep the recipe in under 10 minutes, and it’s all ready to go! If you follow along on the blog with me here, you know that I love easy, quick recipes because time is short.
The first time I ever made this cranberry recipe was for Thanksgiving with Bryan’s extended family in addition to my mini apple pies and mini cheery pies. They all remarked on what a pretty color it had and that they loved the cranberry jalapeno cream cheese dip combination. It was their first time every having it and definitely wouldn’t be their last!
For serving Cranberry Jalapeno Dip, I recommend one of two things:
- Use a pie dish or another shallow dish and spread the cream cheese evenly in the bottom of the serveware, adding the cranberry salsa on top of the cream cheese.
- Using an oval serving dish, add some of the cranberry salsa to the bottom and then place the cream cheese block on top. Put more of the cranberry salsa on top of the cream cheese and serve!
You Might Also Enjoy These Other Holiday Appetizers:
- Cranberry Orange Walnut Goat Cheese Log
- Pumpkin Mini Cheese Balls
- Mango Pecan Brie
- Pear and Gorgonzola Mini Tartlets
Now, Let’s Get to the Jalapeno Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 2 jalapeno peppers (seeds removed and finely diced)
- 5 green onions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup sugar (add 1/4 cup more if you desire)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- crackers, tortilla chips, cinnamon sugar pita chips, etc (for serving)
Pulse about 4 oz of the cranberries at a time in a food processor or blender until coarsely chopped. Place into a medium to large bowl when done.
Chop your green onions and cilantro. Then remove the seeds and finely dice your jalapeños.
Add all your ingredients (except the cream cheese and crackers/chips) to the cranberries and stir until well combined.
Transfer the mixture to a tupperware and refrigerate for 4 hours (or up to overnight). This will allow all the flavors to combine.
Serve in your preferred style and enjoy with chips, crackers or cinnamon-sugar pie chips!