Make a delicious bacon ranch cheese ball and shape them into adorable pumpkins for the perfect Halloween and Thanksgiving appetizer! These Pumpkin Mini Cheese Balls are cute, tasty and easy to serve!
Fun and festive Pumpkin Mini Cheese Balls filled with delicious bacon, ranch and cheese!
Pumpkin is a big hit in the fall for decor and especially recipes, but I know it’s not everyone’s favorite!
Therefore, I decided to embrace the trend for Halloween and Thanksgiving without adding any pumpkin into the recipe with these Pumpkin [Shaped] Mini Cheese Balls!
Aren’t they cute?!
Unlike some of my other Halloween time posts that are really catered specifically for kids, these Mini Cheese Balls are perfect for the entire family and maybe even better as a Thanksgiving appetizer!
The kids will see a fun pumpkin shaped snack and love that they are filled with bacon, cheese and ranch. Doesn’t every kid love ranch?
Meanwhile, the adults will see a seasonally stylish appetizer perfect for our fall holidays.
HOW TO MAKE MINI CHEESE BALLS
So, so easy, guys!
Take all of your ingredients for the cheese balls and mix until well combined. That is all the cooking that is required.
Then, either shape into rounds or shape into pumpkins as detailed below.
HOW TO SHAPE THESE PUMPKIN CHEESE BALLS:
You might see these Pumpkin Shaped Mini Cheese Balls and think they are too tricky to make, but they are not.
If you follow along with The Love Nerds regularly, you know that complicated or time consuming recipes is not usually my go to. I prefer simple!
The whole process took me about 20 minutes from start to finish. The best part? Little hands can definitely be helpful in making these, too!
- Roll into small balls – mine were around 2″ thick.
- Chill briefly so they are easier to work with.
- Use a butter knife or another flat, dull surface to make the indents around the cheese balls. I made around 8 indents around the entire surface.
- Top with pretzel and parsley leaf as garnishes.
LOOKING FOR MORE HOLIDAY APPETIZERS?!
- MINI CAPRESE CUPS
- “PUMPKIN” MINI CHEESE BALLS
- CRANBERRY JALAPENO DIP
- SWEET AND SOUR MEATBALLS
- HONEY SRIRACHA MEATBALLS
- GOAT CHEESE MARINARA DIP
- LIGHTENED BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
- INDIVIDUAL SPINACH DIP BREAD BOWLS
- CRANBERRY ORANGE WALNUT GOAT CHEESE LOG
Now, Let’s Make Some Tasty Pumpkin Shaped Mini Cheese Balls Appetizer!!
- 8 ounces Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
- 1 ounce Dry Ranch Mix
- 3 Bacon Strips, (cooked and chopped)
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar or Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1-2 Green Onions, chopped, (optional)
- Pretzel Sticks, halved, (garnish)
- Fresh Parsley Leaves, (garnish)
- Mix all the ingredients together well.
- Roll the mix into small 2 inch balls or size preferred.
- If you find them sticky, roll the balls into a little bit of shredded cheese to create a slightly outer layer and then roll again between your hands again to get the cheese to stick and lay flat.
- Chill for about 10 minutes.
- Remove and create the "pumpkin" lines with the help of a butter knife or icing knife. I make about 8 wedges on each cheese ball. When making a line, don't go down too deep as you don't want the cheese ball to fall apart.
- Add half of a pretzel stick and a small piece of parsley for a leaf. Push the end of the parsley lightly into the cheeseball near the pretzel.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 10
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 35mg Sodium: 278mg Carbohydrates: 4g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 7g