Simple and Savory Garlic Herbed Skillet Potatoes. Plus, a Valentine’s Day Dinner Menu you will love!
Bryan and I stay away from the restaurant craze that is Valentine’s Day, especially here in the city where they try to cram in extra couples and call it bistro style. If I wanted to have dinner inches away from another couple, I would have asked our couple friends out to dinner with us. So Valentine’s Day is a dinner at home and an excuse to make a nicer dinner than we might normally throw together. These Garlic Herbed Skillet Potatoes just became one of my new fave side dish recipes for such an occasion because the prep was super easy and could be done ahead of time, too. Plus, they were savory and delicious!
- Olive Oil
- 6-7 large red potatoes
- 3-5 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c butter cubed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese I used a combo of shredded and grated
- Chives if you like
- Brush the bottom and sides of a cast iron skillet with olive oil.
- Slice potatoes crosswise into desired thickness. Arrange potato slices loosely in skillet.
- Sprinkle garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper on top of potatoes.
- Add small pieces of cubed butter on top of potatoes, spread out.
- Cover skillet with foil and bake at 375 F oven for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake uncovered for another 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp. Top with chives if desired when you remove from oven.
I feel so lucky to have such amazing blogging friends who are super supportive but who are also amazingly talented! I am always looking for ways for us to team up and work together in this virtual world of ours, and I thought a Valentine’s Dinner Menu was the perfect opportunity. We have you covered from drinks to sweets! I hope you love these ideas because I cannot to make this dinner for Bryan and I!
The Perfect Date Night Dinner Menu for home from me and my bloggy friends!
Strawberry Coconut Cocktail – Domestic Superhero
Kale Chopped Salad – Eazy Peazy Mealz
Bruschetta Chicken – Tried & Tasty
Garlic Herbed Skillet Potatoes – The Love Nerds
Triple Chocolate Cupcakes – Cupcake Diaries
Boozy or Not White Hot Chocolate – Sugar & Soul