Combine two of the best desserts for one epic holiday dessert – Mini Pecan Pie Cheesecakes! Sweet and creamy cheesecakes with the deep, rich flavors of pecan pie filling make these an irresistible bite sized dessert, especially since they are both easy to make and serve!
Mini Pecan Pie Cheesecakes Make the Perfect Holiday Dessert Recipe for Thanksgiving or Christmas!
I didn’t think it was going to get much better for me this holiday season then the Pecan Pie Cookie Cups I already shared this month, and then I made these Mini Pecan Pie Cheesecakes! I immediately called my sister and texted my best friend after taking a bite that this was one of the best desserts I’ve baked in a long time. Seriously! Hopefully Bryan’s family agrees as I’m bringing the batch up as Thanksgiving dessert!
I’m relatively new to the whole Pecan Pie dessert craze. As much as I grew up using pecans in our baked goods, my mom never once made a pecan pie. It just wasn’t a part of any holiday menu, but I am definitely a convert now. How can I not be? Pecan Pie has a sweet, nutty filling that’s almost caramel-y in flavor. It’s heaven!
Now, add that amazing pecan pie filling on top of a rich, creamy cheesecake and you have dessert perfection!
I really do mean perfection! If you follow along here at The Love Nerds, you will know I’m a big cheesecake fan. I especially love mini cheesecake recipes because I think they make a delicious and easy bite sized dessert to add to a party menu when the last thing I want to do is be plating and serving dessert. I’ve experimented with different fruit toppings, cookie crusts and cheesecake filling flavors. Today, I’m saying this is the best one … but check in with me tomorrow just in case. 😉
HOW TO MAKE PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE:
For these cheesecakes, I decided to use my base mini cheesecake recipe. This is the recipe I’ve been using for decades and my mother decades before that because it requires only 4 ingredients and has never failed me. Something we want in a go-to dessert recipe, right?
This easy cheesecake filling is sitting on top of a mini Nilla wafer, which fits perfectly on the bottom of a mini muffin pan cup.
To make these Pecan Pie Cheesecakes, I whipped up a batch of the same pecan pie filling I used in my Pecan Pie Cookie Cups. I like this recipe because you just mix everything together easily where as many recipes require some stove top work or even careful preparation to avoid eggs from cooking in the baking process. This pecan pie filling is easily just mixed together and then added on top of the cheesecake filling.
The cheesecake filling and the pecan pie filling bake together, with the pecan pie portion remaining on top for a beautiful brown pecan color that also makes them easily identifiable on a party dessert table!
LOOKING FOR A PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE WITH GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST?
I love using cookies as the crust for my mini cheesecakes because it’s easy. However, if you are a traditionalist and want your Pecan Pie Cheesecakes with a graham cracker crust, that is easy to do! Here is a quick, simple graham cracker crust recipe:
To make the graham cracker crust: Stir together the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and the melted butter. Press about 2 tablespoons of the mixture into the bottom of each muffin liner and press to compact. Done!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE OTHER HOLIDAY DESSERT RECIPES:
- APPLE ROSE PASTRIES
- MINI BERRY OREO CHEESECAKES
- PEPPERMINT HOT CHOCOLATE COOKIE CUPS
- DARK CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CARMELITAS
You might also love my recipe for Pecan Pie French Toast Bake! It makes a great holiday breakfast!
HELPFUL KITCHEN GADGETS TO MAKE THIS MINI CHEESECAKE RECIPE:
- Mini Muffin Pan <— I love this one because it is 48 mini cups on one pan! Perfect for mini cheesecakes!
- Hand Mixer <— This one comes with built in storage for the whisks and accessories which is awesome!
- Measuring Spoons
- Mini Cupcake Liners
Time to Bake Up a Batch of Delicious Individual Pecan Pie Cheesecakes
- 1 box Mini Nilla Wafers
Cheesecake Filling Ingredients
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Pecan Pie Filling
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, I prefer using dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
Prep Your Cheesecake Pan and Crusts
- Line your mini cheesecake pans with liners and place one mini nilla wafer at the bottom of each liner.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and a little fluffy in texture.
- Add sugar, egg, and lemon juice to the cream cheese and beat until smooth.
- Scoop around a 1/2 tablespoon of cheesecake filling onto each vanilla wafer.
Pecan Pie Filling
- In a large bowl, use hand mixer to cream together butter, brown sugar and salt.
- Stir in corn syrup and vanilla, then add eggs.
- Mix in the chopped pecans.
- Add a 1/2 teaspoon of pecan pie filling on top of each cheesecake filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-17 minutes. You want the cheesecakes to be set against a gentle touch - firm but still soft.
- Cool completely in the fridge and enjoy!