Pecan Pie French Toast Bake is warm, nutty, and holiday perfection!
Breakfast casseroles are a favorite around here! They are usually easy to throw together, with ingredients being mixed and tossed effortlessly for the oven. This makes them perfect for lazy Sundays mornings at home as well as a big holiday brunch. They certainly taste better than a bowl of cereal. And even more importantly for the cold weather upon us, they are delightfully warm! Oh how I love a breakfast casserole like this Pecan Pie French Toast Bake!
Sweet, dessert inspired breakfast recipes aren’t new to the blog. In fact, my cinnamon roll casseroles are some of my most popular. For this recipe though, I was inspired by the classic Pecan Pie! The filling used for this bake is very similar to the filling for pie or the Pecan Pie Cookie Cups I will be sharing with you all soon. The main ingredient the filling itself is lacking is the eggs, but that is because you find eggs elsewhere in the recipe.
Trust me, this will make a holiday brunch your family and guests are going to swoon over! I mean, who can say no to a warm, dessert inspired breakfast on a cold morning?
- ½ loaf french bread, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- ¾ c half and half
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 c pecan
- 2 c pecan pie filling
- ¾ c sugar
- ¼ c brown sugar
- 1 c light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ c melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix together the Pecan Pie Filling well. There are no eggs in the filling because of the eggs for the french toast bake.
- Mix together the half and half, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and pecans.
- Add the bread to a casserole or pie dish. Pour over the egg mixture first, then add the pecan pie filling mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and cooked in the middle.
I already told you how much I love breakfast recipes, so I decided to join together with some of my blogging friends to celebrate National French Toast Day! Check out there delicious french toast inspired recipes as well and spread the breakfast cheer!