Combine the perfect fall flavors of pumpkin, oatmeal, nutmeg, and cinnamon into delicious White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies that are so addicting you will want them with your coffee in the morning! It will be one of your new fall cookie favorites!
Delicious White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies You’ll Even Want for Breakfast!
I grew up in a pumpkin free house. Pumpkins were meant for carving but definitely not for eating.
It wasn’t until I sat in a Starbucks after school one day my junior year of high school that I had my first bite of pumpkin, and my life was changed forever! Alright, so a little dramatic but that is how much I love pumpkin.
Pumpkin has such a rich flavor and pairs so well with all of my favorite spices: cinnamon, clove, all spice, and nutmeg.
And now, we are definitely a pumpkin house! Our boys are growing up with pumpkin recipes and my toddler loves it, especially my Spice Glazed Pumpkin Scones, Pumpkin Snickerdoodles and these White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies.
The name is a bit of a mouthful, but they are so delicious and healthier than many of my baking recipes with less butter and sugar than most fall cookie recipes.
Especially since oatmeal cookies tend to require more butter than other types of cookie. You would think the oatmeal would make it better for you, but I just always feel guilty eating them.
Not with this recipe. The entire batch only has 2 tablespoons of butter. That’s it!
The canned pumpkin (NOTE – not pumpkin pie filling!) is what works to make these pumpkin oatmeal cookies super moist, so the rest of the stick of butter can stay in the fridge and off the waistline.
Now, of course, if I was trying to be super health conscious, I would also take out the white chocolate chips, but truth be told I just love them too much!
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN OATMEAL COOKIES:
First, mix together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and nutmeg in a medium bowl and set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Then add the egg, pumpkin, and vanilla and mix until smooth. You can do this by hand or a mixer.
Add your oats mixture a little bit at a time into the butter and sugar bowl.
If you want white chocolate chips and chopped pecans, add them in!
Use 1 tablespoon of dough for each cookie. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
HELPFUL ITEMS FOR MAKING THESE PUMPKIN OATMEAL COOKIES:
AIR BAKE COOKIE SHEET – This is my large cookie sheet that I love for making big batches of cookies! They always come out soft and chewy!
SILICONE BAKING MAT – For years, I just used parchment paper and that is definitely a valid choice. However, I love how easy these silicone baking mat is and it fits the above cookie sheet well!
COOKIE SCOOPS – Take the guess work out of cookie dough size by using cookie scoops to measure the dough.
CAN I WARM UP THESE COOKIES TO ENJOY?
I may or may not even enjoy these pumpkin cookies alongside my coffee or chai in the morning for breakfast.
If I did and I’m not admitting anything, I might have also learned that microwaving these cookies for 10 seconds make them all warm and gooey again like they are straight from the oven.
I might have also learned that they pair really well with my chai k-cup with a dash of pumpkin coffee creamer. 😉
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE OTHER PUMPKIN RECIPES:
- SPICED GLAZED PUMPKIN SCONES
- SUPER EASY 5 INGREDIENT PUMPKIN BUTTER
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN OATMEAL COOKIES – MY FAVE!
- PUMPKIN TRUFFLES
- PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS
- FLUFFY PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLES
- PUMPKIN PECAN PANCAKES
- PULL APART PUMPKIN CINNAMON ROLL MUFFINS
- PUMPKIN CINNAMON ROLL CASSEROLE
Time to Bake these Tasty Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with Optional White Chocolate Chips and Pecans!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups traditional oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 7 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 - 1 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 and prep your 2 baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars (by hand or with a hand mixer). Add the egg, pumpkin, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the flour and oats mixture a little at a time into the large bowl and stir by hand until well combined. Then, add the option white chocolate chips and pecans and stir.
- Use 1 tablespoon of dough to make each cookie and drop onto the prepped baking sheets about 2 inches apart. I measured and dropped messily onto the sheet, moving quickly. Then, before baking, I went back and slightly shaped the cookies into more round cookie form.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges become a light, golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheet for 2 to 3 minutes and move to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 2 dozen (or more)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 99mg Carbohydrates: 20g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 10g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g