Easy and delicious Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup!
This recipe for Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla soup is one of our most prepared recipes at home. It takes me only about 10-15 minutes to throw everything into the crock pot and then, after quickly shredding the chicken, dinner is ready! It has a little bit of kick too, which we love in this house. This is definitely a winner. My proof? Making it for three very different groups – colleagues, my family, and our good friends – and having unilateral praise!
This is also one of my most viewed posts on this blog! Since it’s publication in April of 2013, it is often the top viewed post of each day. I am so thankful for that and the wonderful things I have heard about this recipe. We love it so much, so I am glad you love it, too.
- 3 Skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 32 oz Chicken Broth
- 2 Cans of Rotel (I use original)
- 2 Cans of Black Beans (drained)
- 1 Can of Fresh Kernel Corn (drained)
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp Chili pepper
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- Suggested Toppings: Tortilla Chip Strips, Mexican Blend Cheese, Sour Cream
- Put the Rotel, drained black beans, and drained corn in the crock pot
- Chop the onion and add to the crock pot
- Add in the spice - I normally just shake the spices; I did measure the last time and a tablespoon is accurate. If you like more kick though, add in more chili pepper and cumin.
- Pour in the Chicken Broth (I use low sodium Swanson) and mix everything together.
- Place the cleaned chicken into the crock pot. Make sure most of the chicken is submerged in the other contents.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 6 hours. About 30 minutes before you eat, take out the chicken and shred. The chicken should just fall apart, so using two forks is an easy process. Put the shredded chicken back in the pot, stir, and let it cook for the rest of the time.
If you like this recipe, you might also like my other Easy Dinner Ideas!