Easy Chicken Lo Mein filled with veggies!
Hi, Nerds! Why does it seem that life perpetually gets busier every year that passes by? I mean, logically, it can’t be true. I don’t necessarily add more to my plate every year. However, logic or not, it is definitely how I feel. It’s the same way that I always know dinner is going to arrive every night, but somehow I always forget and manage to not have time to actually make it. Recipes like this Easy Chicken Lo Mein from Nicole at 365(ish) Days of Pinterest help though!
This easy dinner idea can be quickly tossed together when you are short on time and long on hungry! Which is basically every day! Like all my favorite dinner recipes, it also tastes great as leftovers the next day. Win win!
- 1-2 pounds of chicken, cooked and removed from the bone
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles, cooked
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- ½ head of cabbage
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil, optional
- Cut cooked chicken into small pieces.
- Boil spaghetti noodles according to package directions, drain.
- While noodles are cooking, saute vegetables in oil until tender. Add to the noodles, along with the chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and pour over the noodle mixture. Be sure to mix well to thoroughly coat the noodles.
- Serve with egg rolls, fried rice, steamed rice or on its own!
How you cook the chicken is completely up to you. You could cook several chicken thighs in your slow cooker for 4 hours on high with teriyaki sauce which would add amazing flavor to the lo mein (yay teriyaki!). You could also use a rotisserie chicken from the grocery deli if you are really short on time. Shortcuts for the win! If you want to use it as a side dish or make it vegetarian, you could just omit the chicken all together.
ITEMS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
- Instant Pot 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker
- Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker With Temperature Probe, 6-Quart
- Hamilton Beach Travel Case & Carrier Insulated Bag
- Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners 2 Pack
- Pulled Pork Shredder Claws
- The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook: Simple Family-Friendly Recipes
- Quick and Easy Recipes: 30 MINUTE MEALS: Quick Recipes You Will Love
- Dinner Made Easy with Six Sisters’ Stuff: Time-Saving Recipes for Busy Moms
- Instant Pot Cookbook: Quick And Easy Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Recipes For Your Electric Pressure Cooker
- The Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook: Easy Recipes for Fast & Healthy Meals