Easy Chicken Lo Mein filled with veggies!
Hi! I’m Nicole from 365(ish) Days of Pinterest and I’m so excited to be contributing here on the Love Nerds for the next several months. If you aren’t familiar with my site, I started by trying a new pin every single day for 365 days in a row. I’m still going, but not every single day anymore. I’ve discovered some great things out there in the land of Pinterest, as well as created my own. I’ll be sharing some great recipes and easy DIY projects that I love. I look forward to getting to know you!
This Easy Chicken Lo Mein is a great meal to toss together when you are short on time and long on hungry! Even my kids will gobble it up (vegetables included, believe it or not!) and it tastes great as leftovers the next day.
- 1-2 pounds of chicken, cooked and removed from the bone
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles, cooked
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- ½ head of cabbage
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil, optional
- Cut cooked chicken into small pieces. I used several chicken thighs that I cooked in my slow cooker for 4 hours on high with teriyaki sauce. I've also used a whole rotisserie chicken from the grocery deli.
- Boil spaghetti noodles according to package directions, drain.
- While noodles are cooking, saute vegetables in oil until tender. Add to the noodles, along with the chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and pour over the noodle mixture. Be sure to mix well to thoroughly coat the noodles.
- Serve with egg rolls, fried rice, steamed rice or on its own!
If you want to use it as a side dish or make it vegetarian, just omit the chicken and you have a great vegetable lo mein.
If you like this Easy Chicken Lo Mein, you might want to try one of these yummy recipes:
Don’t forget dessert…