Create a creepy crawly Spider Wreath for your DIY Halloween decor! Made with a couple inexpensive products and a lot of hot glue, it’s an easy Halloween Wreath your trick or treaters will love!
CREEPY CRAWLY HALLOWEEN SPIDER WREATH
A few years ago, I sat down with a few simple craft supplies and a whole lot of hot glue to make two Halloween wreaths.
I made an Eyeball Wreath for myself and this spider wreath for my mom!
After many hours and burns on fingers, I had two DIY Halloween wreaths that I am obsessed with! Seriously – I love them both.
When I ordered the spiders to make this project, I was feeling confident. Definitely more confident than when I sat down in front of my pile of ping pong balls for the eyeball wreath.
But with these spiders – I just had a feeling it was going to turn out awesome, and I was right!
From a distance, the spiders make a subtle design that looks a little like black lace. It’s beautiful.
Then, the closer and closer you get, you realize it’s spiders which I think is so awesome for Halloween. Beautiful and a little creepy all at the same time.
I think the spider webbing added into the wreath is an essential part of the overall aesthetic. It adds great dimension and texture without much added cost.
HOW TO MAKE THIS SPIDER WREATH
With glue and a whole lot of it!
There really is no rhyme or reason to creating this Halloween wreath. I suggest starting on one spot and just work your way around, creating a layer where spider feet are at least touching.
Remember! You’ll be going back so just glue and go!
Once you have an initial layer on, go through and add spiders where you like to create fuller coverage.
Trust the process as you work on this. Honestly, it looks sort of silly at first with only a few spiders glued to a white wreath form. I was not feeling good about it. Then, I got about a quarter of the wreath done and I instantly fell in love.
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR THIS HALLOWEEN WREATH
- Black Halloween Spiders
- Styrofoam Wreath
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Black ribbon or other hanging device
HOW LONG DOES THIS SPIDER WREATH TAKE TO MAKE
Just like my Halloween Eyeball Wreath, this one takes a little time. I suggest being prepared for at least 2 hours of crafting.
Let’s be honest – any DIY project that requires hot gluing stuff onto something (I know – very technical), it’s going to take time, especially if you like to avoid burning yourself with the glue or the hot glue gun.
These sorts of projects are perfect for movie night. I vote for getting in the spirit with Hocus Pocus!
WANT EVEN MORE HALLOWEEN CRAFTS IDEAS?!
- CREEPY CRAWLY SPIDER WREATH
- SPOOKY EYEBALL WREATH
- DISNEY VILLAINS SVG FILES
- HOCUS POCUS SVG FILES
- BOO! PAPER MACHE HALLOWEEN LETTERS
- MUMMY POPCORN BOX – DECOR AND TREAT BOXES
- FRANKENSTEIN POPCORN BOX – DECOR AND TREAT BOXES
ARE YOU READY TO GET CRAFTY WITH THIS HALLOWEEN SPIDER WREATH?
- Warm up your hot glue.
- Start at one spot on your wreath and begin gluing on the spiders. For me, I liked when they slightly overlapped in space (such as legs intertwined) without crowding them together or gluing on top of each other. Leaving a little bit of space will help give that lace look from afar. I also don't worry about the hot glue strings for this project as they look like webbing anyway!
- Add a little spider web draped inside the wreath if you want to add more depth. Glue or pin into place as desired.
- Add black ribbon or another hanging device to the back of the wreath using hot glue and/or pins.