Loaded Baked Potato Dip is my go-to dip for every party!
On this blog, I believe in easy recipes. Recipes that you can easily and quickly throw together to offer your friends and family – whether it be for game nights, the Superbowl, or a couples’ date night. Every time I decide to whip up this Loaded Baked Potato Dip – everyone loves it!
So essentially, this is one of my go-to chip dips. The hardest part of the entire recipe is cooking the bacon, so it is easy to throw together on the day of a party. It is also highly addictive!
The potato part of this chip dip is the potato chip – in case you are wondering! 😉 Because I like to load this up with lots of cheese – I am a good old midwestern cheese addict after all – you will want nice, sturdy potato chips! It’s also super delicious with pretzels.
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 16-20 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2-3 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- thinly sliced scallions (if you like them)
- Bag of regular potato chips
- Cook the bacon and crumble or chop the slices.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir heavily. As a bacon addict, I prefer more than less. I normally put a little over two cups of cheese in the mix.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving to allow flavors to meld together.
- Garnish with extra shredded cheese and crumbled bacon (and the chopped chives if desired).
- Serve with your favorite potato chips.
The dip will last for about a week if stored in an airtight container in the fridge. Bryan and I are addicted to this and will usually snack on it every day until it is gone.
If you like this recipe, you might like my other Appetizer Recipes: