Pineapple Moscow Mules are a tropical inspired mule recipe you don’t want to miss! Enjoy outside on a warm summer day and enjoy the sweet citrus fruits paired with the subtly spicy ginger beer! Perfection!
WARM SUMMER DAYS ARE MEANT FOR PINEAPPLE MOSCOW MULES
When summer is in full swing, pineapple just seems to hit the spot! Tropical inspired cocktails are simply more flavorful on a warm summer day than a cold December one.
The flavors of both pineapple and lime pair well together for a sweet and zesty combination that is refreshing and delicious!
Add in the ginger beer with a little bit of spice and you have a citrus Moscow mule cocktail you will love!
HOW TO MAKE A PINEAPPLE MOSCOW MULE
A classic Moscow mule recipe has three main ingredients: vodka, ginger beer and lime juice which makes it a super easy cocktail to make.
This citrus version only has one more ingredient though for a total of 4. Still easy!
In order to get the pineapple flavor for this mule, you will add pineapple juice in addition to the vodka, ginger beer and lime juice. I used plain vodka but you can also use a pineapple vodka for extra pineapple flavor if you find one.
When you are ready to make this pineapple Moscow mule, all you need to do it pour all your ingredients together into a copper mug or other glassware over ice. Done!
If you want to get your drink a little more chilled, you can also shake your juice and vodka in a cocktail shaker with ice before adding to your mug with ice and ginger beer.
HELPFUL ITEMS FOR MAKING MOSCOW MULES
You don’t need anything fancy to make a pineapple Moscow mule which is another reason it is a favorite of mine.
I like having a basic bar set on hand because I tend to always measure my liquor with a jigger and also like having a dedicated stirrer on hand.
Muddlers can also come in handy if I’m making a different Moscow mule like my Watermelon Mule where I muddle fresh watermelon to release the juices.
Other than that, copper mugs is the only other item you might want to have on hand if you want to serve up Moscow mules in their classic barware!
HAND HAMMERED 100% COPPER MUGS: This is probably my favorite set because in addition to coming with 4 hand hammered copper mugs, it also includes matching straws and shot glass! They are strong, sturdy and beautiful! Plus it comes with a limited edition brass handle!
3 PIECE BAR SET: If you are going to make simple cocktails, this is my favorite bar set. It has a jigger, a muddler, and a trident cocktail stirrer. This last one means it has a mini “spoon” shape on one end like a traditional stirrer and a forked shape on the other.
LARGE BAR SET: If you are going to be getting into more sophisticated cocktail recipes, including anything that needs to be shaken or strained, than I suggest upgrading to the full bar set. I love having everything on hand. You never know when you want to try something new!
HERE IS MORE MOSCOW MULE RECIPE INSPIRATION:
- CLASSIC MOSCOW MULE RECIPE
- FROZEN MOSCOW MULE SLUSHIES
- RASPBERRY MOSCOW MULE
- PEACH MOSCOW MULE
- PINEAPPLE MOSCOW MULE
- MINT WATERMELON MOSCOW MULE
- CRANBERRY TANGERINE LEMONADE MOSCOW MULE
ENJOY YOUR TROPICAL PINEAPPLE MOSCOW MULE!
- 1.5 ounces vodka (1 large jigger) - can use pineapple vodka if you find it!
- 1.5 ounces of pineapple juice (1 large jigger)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (about a quarter of or half a lime)
- 4 ounces Diet Ginger Beer
- Fill your copper mug or glass in a similar size with ice.
- Add your vodka and pineapple juice.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice into mug and toss the lime remnant into mug.
- Top off with ginger beer; about 4 ounces.
- Gently swirl it with stirrer and enjoy!
WHAT IF I WANT AN EVEN STRONGER PINEAPPLE FLAVOR?
If you want to add a stronger pineapple flavor or fresh fruit into the cocktail, you can do one of two things:
- Muddle 1/3 cup pineapple at the bottom of the mug as the first step. This works easier with very soft fresh pineapple or canned pineapple, OR
- Puree 1/3 cup pineapple in a blender. If making puree, you could use fresh or frozen pineapple.
- Moscow Mule Mugs Gift Set for 4 with 4 Straws and 1 Shot Glass
- 3 PIECE BAR MUDDLER SET
- Gosling's Diet Ginger Beer
- Absolut Vodka
- DOLE 100% Pineapple Juice
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.