It’s time to up your coffee game this fall with a Pumpkin Fireball Latte! Fireball Whisky brings the perfect cinnamon spice to a creamy pumpkin coffee cocktail. Made with only 4 essential ingredients, there is no excuse not to make this fun fall cocktail!
Looking for a fun fall cocktail? Want to up your coffee game? Wondering how to use up that bottle of Fireball Whisky someone gifted you? I have you covered!
I have a lot of readers that tell me they don’t know what to do with Fireball Whisky, but it’s actually a favorite liquor of mine to keep in the house. Surprised?
It’s a great way to add a bit of spice and that warm fuzzy feeling to drink recipes from ciders to coffees to martinis! Fireball Whisky drinks are where it is at for cooler months.
I’m pretty sure this Fireball latte is going to become my Friday afternoon drink of choice.
Our first Fireball drink recipe – Girl on Fireball – is one of our most popular recipes on the site every month which tells me you all WANT ways to use it, so I’m super excited to be adding FOUR more Fireball recipes to the site!
So let’s get started with this recipe for a Pumpkin Fireball Latte!
INGREDIENTS FOR PUMPKIN FIREBALL LATTE
- PUMPKIN PUREE – This is your pumpkin flavor!
- FIREBALL – This provides the perfect cinnamon spiced kick.
- IRISH CREAM LIQUEUR – Indulgent creamy liquor with a hint of chocolate. You can use whichever brand you have on hand or prefer.
- COFFEE – You can’t have a latte without your favorite coffee!
- COFFEE ICE CUBES – To keep your drink from getting watered down.
- CARAMEL SAUCE and GRAHAM CRACKERS and/or NUTS – These are garnishes! If you want your glass to look extra pretty and get a little crunch from the rim, add! If not, easy to skip.
HOW DO YOU MAKE COFFEE ICE CUBES?
This recipe calls for coffee ice cubes. I like using coffee ice cubes because it keeps your latte from getting watered down as the ice melts.
Which means you get bigger, bolder flavor for longer!
However, you do not need to use coffee ice cubes. If you don’t have the space to make them or don’t want to wait for this extra step, regular ice can, of course, be used!
- Pour cooled coffee into a measuring cup for easier pouring and then into ice cube molds. This is a great way to use up leftover coffee.
- Freeze until solid.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
YES! You will want to use pumpkin puree for this recipe. While pumpkin pie “filling” is pureed, it has already been sweetened and flavored with spices. You will be adding a lot of sugar and additional flavor to this latte that you don’t need.
Yes! There is no way around this one. Fireball Whisky is very different from other whiskeys, known for it’s distinct cinnamon flavor and mild sweetness (at least relative to other whiskeys)
No, but you will need an Irish cream liqueur.
No, you don’t. Using coffee ice cubes will keep your drink from getting watered down though compared to regular ice cubes. Which means bigger, more authentic flavor for longer.
Iced coffee can be stored for up to 2 months in the freezer.
3.5 ounces between the Baileys and the Fireball, so it’s pretty boozy. Want to modify the potency? You can reduce each liquor by a half an ounce or increase the ounces of coffee.
While I definitely recommend owning an essentials bar tools set, which includes a shaker, you can definitely DIY your own for this Pumpkin Fireball Latte if you don’t though:
1. Put two glasses together and give the drink a good shake between the two cups. It won’t be the same result, but it will be close.
2. Put your ingredients in a cup with a lid and shake.
You absolutely do want to shake this recipe though. It’s the best way to incorporate the pumpkin fully with the other ingredients and to get a more frothy latte.
Never! Don’t ever let a garnish stop you from making a fun recipe. Honestly, when I make them just for myself, I rarely use a garnish because I am lazy.
When I make a Pumpkin Fireball Latte for other people, I always use because it does enhance the flavor and the presentation.
DRINK TIP: Most cocktail shakers will fit two drinks in them, so double up this fireball latte recipe to serve two drinks at once.
MORE FIREBALL RECIPES:
WANT MORE FALL COCKTAIL IDEAS?
- APPLE PEAR SANGRIA
- CLASSIC MOSCOW MULE
- CRANBERRY ORANGE MOSCOW MULE
- ORANGE CRANBERRY MARGARITA
- HALLOWEEN SANGRIA
HERE FOR THE PUMPKIN? CHECK OUT THESE OTHER RECIPES!
- SPICED GLAZED PUMPKIN SCONES – FAN FAVORITE!
- SUPER EASY 5 INGREDIENT PUMPKIN BUTTER
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN OATMEAL COOKIES – MY FAVE!
- PUMPKIN TRUFFLES
- FLUFFY PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLES
- 2 tbsp pumpkin purée
- 1 ½ ounces fireball
- 2 ounces baileys
- 2 ounces coffee
- 1 cup coffee ice cubes
- ICE needed for cocktail shaker
- ⅛ cup crushed graham crackers and nut mix
- Cinnamon stick and pumpkin pie spice for garnish
- Caramel sauce
Rim glass with caramel sauce and dip in graham cracker and nut mixture to coat.
Add coffee ice cubes to the glass
Fill cocktail shaker with ice
Add pumpkin, baileys, fireball, and coffee to the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously 15-20 seconds
Pour over coffee ice cubes. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and dash of pumpkin pie spice
Average cocktail shakers fit two drinks, so double if you would like to prepare and serve two drinks at the same time.
Using coffee ice cubes in your finished drink will provide better flavor for longer as it keeps your drink from getting watered down.